1. Print both David and Goliath pages
for each student. These are MS Word documents
so you will get both pages.
2. If you have chosen the uncolored version, color the Goliath
and the David. If you have chosen the colored
versions, put your name near the feet of each
3. Put tacky glue in the GLUE Space between
the dotted line
and the edge of the paper on the GOLIATH page
4. Lift up the paper.
5. With one hand hold the glued edge from the side
- use the hand you don't write with.
6. *Bring the unglued edge up and around the back of Goliath
to cover the glue. You may find
to do with a partner holding the glued
edge for you.
7. Press the top and bottom where the paper overlaps. Be sure to match
up the bottom (feet) areas as good as you can.
8. Put a small amount of tape over the overlap if the glue does
not immediately hold
9. Stand Goliath up
*TUBE OPTION:(If you have trouble keeping it round while gluing, cover
a paper towel tube with plastic wrap and then roll Goliath around it.
Remove the paper tube when it is glued/ taped. Follow the same procedure
for David with a TP tube)
CONSTRUCTING DAVID - the shepherd boy and an unlikely
10. Cut off the top and bottom of the David page.
11. IF YOU HAVE THE OPTIONAL MATERIALS representing First Samuel 17:
-Cut the yarn between 2.5 inches and 3 inches
long - this
represents the sling.
-Get out the dry peas or beans if you have them
represent the smooth stones David
- Fold the yarn in half and bring the
- Put a dot of glue in David's open hand
with the sling.
- Put both ends of the yarn in the glue.
- Choose a pea or bean and glue it into
- Glue 4 more peas or beans on the ground
12. Put glue in the GLUE SPACES
13. Lift the paper off the table.
14. With one hand hold one end of the glued edge - use the
hand you don't write with.
15. * Roll the edge of the paper with the Bible verse on it back
behind. You may
find this easier to do with a partner
holding the glued edge for you.
From Jo's Bible Role People/Roll People collection.