WHAT???? You ask. Am I
Please, hold on until you read the whole thing.
This is the TEACHER DISCUSSION GUIDE,
and you can choose to print it out at the end of the page.
How did Jesus prepare for Easter?
What did Jesus do for Lent?
Lent is the time for preparing for Easter. Right?
It is the time immediately before Easter.
Neither the words Lent nor Easter were words known in Jesus' time. Neither
words, Lent or Easter appear anywhere in the Bible! We Christians adopted
those words as well as the names of the special days of Good Friday(death)
and Maundy Thursday (Last Supper).
Knowing what we know now, and substituting our words
for what happened then, how did Jesus prepare for Easter and Good Friday?
We will be solving this mystery. It is the same as asking, "how
did Jesus prepare for His own death and resurrection"?
Jesus prepared for Easter for a long time before Good Friday (the day
he was nailed on the cross). He stepped up His preparation in His last
week (Holy week)
Jesus knew what was going to happen.
You could say His whole life on earth was preparing all people for
the time after Easter (his resurrection) and for after He had gone to
heaven (his ascension). We will focus on Jesus Himself and the Apostles.
Specifically, Jesus prepared Himself and the Apostles for what
was ahead.. We are going to look at the evidence to prove it.
So it could be asked, "What did Jesus do for Lent?
Meaning, what did Jesus do in preparation for His death and what was
- Jesus prepared the disciples (apostles) for His death.
- Jesus prepared the disciples (apostles) for His own resurrection
- Jesus prepared the disciples (apostles) for the betrayal.
- Jesus prepared the disciples (apostles) for what their duties and
responsibilities will be after he is in heaven.
- Jesus prepares himself for His own death and suffering.
Jesus' preparation time for His Easter - Resurrection day- was not
40 days - our Lenten season - but for us, a set period is more understandable.
The Mystery to be solved:
1. Who knew THAT JESUS WAS going to be CRUCIFIED?
2. Should the Apostles (Disciples) have been surprised at what happened
on Good Friday and Easter?
3. Were the Apostles (Disciples) prepared in any way for what would
4. How were they (Apostles) prepared for what was ahead for them (Apostles)?
5. How did Jesus prepare himself for Good Friday and Easter?
You will get all kinds of clues (evidence) to help you solve the mystery.